Re: [orca-list] Problems with qt-atspi and Orca

Thomas Ward <thomasward1978 gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

On 9/25/11, Jason White <jason jasonjgw net> wrote:
Why would you reboot your system instead of switching to a virtual console,
logging in and working on it from there?

That's because Orca is my ownly screen reader. I have never recompiled
my kernel with Speakup support etc so when Orca dies I loose speech
completely.

Newer kernels include speakup by default in most distributions.

I respectfully suggest it's time for an upgrade.