Re: [orca-list] orca doesn't start when gnome does

       On 07/21/2011 09:03 AM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey Attila.

Joanie, I attached a patch for bug #653213 bugreport.
Thanks! But as I stated in the bug: We have been told that the Orca Main
Window is not compatible with the look and feel of GNOME 3. Therefore, I
will have to come up with a different solution. One which is compatible
with what everyone wants.

Sorry!
--joanie
you can just open the prefferences by hitting orca + space is there another reason besides this that you would want the orca window open? I just had a look at the keybindings table and you can control most if not all of orca through the keybindings.