Re: [orca-list] orca doesn't start when gnome does

I don't think that option in Orca works anymore.  What I was told to
do when gnome 3 came out was to manually start Orca so it will at
least talk for you.  then go into System Tools -> System Settingsd;
note here that to gain proper focus, you
need to hit tab once after opening System Settings.  While in here,
arrow down the list to System and right arrow over a few time til you
hear "Universal Access."  Open this icon up and tab around to the
screen reader option.  Press this button and Orca should start up for
you; at least it does for me.

One observation here though, When Orca starts up this way, I can't
really get focus to the Orca control panel or use any Commands to open
preferences or shut it down.  I have to restart Orca from the Run
dialog to have it come up in full view.  Does anyone else observe
this?

Deedra, I hope my instructions help.  I may need to update some stuff
on Arch but this may not be unique to Arch either.  I think this is
another gnome 3 thing that is confusing thins some.