[orca-list] Question about Unity

I must be honest. I have been out of the Linux world for a while now since I got my macbook. I'm wanting to get Ubuntu back on this hop laptop I have so I can start playing with it again. My question is, I've been told that Notilest or however you spell it, sorry, has been replaced with the Unity desktop which I hear is quite different. A friend of mine clames things like alt+F1 and alt+ctrl+tab to go between your pannels etc. no longer work the same way at all. He couldn't figure it out. I'm just wondering if the installation with Orca speech is the same process with the F5, 3, enter enter like it's always been, and if not, where are the Orca wiki's so that I can read up and familiarize myself with the new unity layout and dive in.

Thanks for your help.

Chris.