[orca-list] Measures to reduce Orca and Gnome crashes

Hello listers,

In former times, Orca had a terrible performance when navigating in
big Nautilus folders. it was undoubtedly improved. However, after it,
but not necessarily becouse of it, Orca has become unstable.

Nowadays, I use Ubuntu 10.10. Yesterday, with a friend's help, I
updated the system.  The help was necessary since, after the update,
Orca voice and all the sound was off.

I have two types of crashes:

1. Orca crashes - When Orca failed, killing the speech dispatcher and
caling Orca again, the problem is solved. In spite of the burden of
this crash, I can deal with it.

2. Gnome crashes - Yes, I tried to find a pattern. It's not easy to
understand what provokes the event, but the fact is that, whem Gnome
crashes, nothing can be done. The graphical interface must be
restarted and all current tasks were lost. It's not easy to deal with
it. As it occurs so often and implies more damages, I am really eager
to solve this crash.

The same type of Gnome crashes was reported by some blind users in a
Brazilian forum, so I can presume whatever is affecting my machine, it
is not personal.

Before this scenary, I ask:

1. Arethere measures to be adopted to reduce Orca crashes? Are there
ongoing efforts to solve this problems?
2. Do other users have reported similar issues on Gnome often crashes?
Is there something I can do to get more stability under Gnome?

Regards,

Luciano