Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Default button of Orca]

Hy Michael,

Very nice, we have the starting point to begin working this feature.
Yes, if you press TAB key, the focus jumps for example the preferences button, of course this is happening if have a preconfigured Orca setting file for example in live user home directory/.local/share/orca folder. For beginner users perspective absolute good ydea put a short introduction text this edit box, I full agree your ydea. But not disturb always presenting the introduction text for main window, and always default focusing this control when main window is presenting? I don't no. For example, always presenting introduction text without possible toggling on/off is disturb me, but beginner users this introduction text is a starting point to learn all basic knowledges for Orca. A compromise way, perhaps possible need doing for example a check box with general page, for example following label, above the "Show Orca main window" check box:
"Present Orca usage introduction text"
This checkbox is presenting only general tab if the show orca main window check box is checked. If Joanie accept this ydea, you would like writing the introduction text? Your english is better with my english. :-):-) If this ydea is accepted, and I get a correct introduction text, I welcome implementing this possibility if this is help for beginner users first learning of Orca usage. This situation need I think default checked state with this future check box.

Tips and tricks is an another good ydea, if possible toggling on/off this function.

I begin working my training mode ydea with first where am I related lesson, now designing the example dialog. In example dialog the introduction label, the check box, radio button group, and a combo box is ready. Need doing the slider, and the edit box with have some text. If the user click back button with first lesson, coming back the welcome screen. Now, before all controls have an introduction label what keystrokes are need using to change the widget related states, but perhaps this is not good ydea because resulting more chattines output. I don't no this is will be disturb for beginner users? I not want yet temporary enable for tutorial messages setting and restore the original value when the training mode application is closed, technical this is possible, perhaps future this is better ydea, of course, Orca need running this situation. If I ready the first lesson, I uploading my created branch the actual ready part to possible testing anybody.
Concept is not final, possible changing anything, if have a request. :-):-)

Attila