Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Default button of Orca]

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 08:03:45PM EST, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey all.

Sorry to be a noodge, but I have a downstream request for us to change
the default button in Orca's main window. As I stated there, I
personally think that the default button in Orca's main window should
remain Preferences and not Help. But I'm willing to change that if
everyone thinks I should. The one thing I'd really like to avoid,
however, is different downstreams making different customizations. The
Orca user experience should be predictable and consistent. For both of
these reasons, feedback on this request -- either here or downstream --
would be appreciated. The downstream bug is here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-orca/+bug/749700

I support Alan's request to set the help button as the default button. We can give new users instructions on
how to access preferences when orca starts, and all being well, the user should be able to navigate help with
arrow keys, assuming the distro has set up caret navigation in yelp, and if not, then perhaps Orca should
check this prior to launching yelp, and enable it.

Luke