From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Steve Holmes
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 9:15 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Orca and gnome 3: no speech; could Pulseaudio be
the reason?

I'm another arch user and I've been out of the loop for a few weeks because
I started up a new job and had to move to a new apartment to commute from
out of state.  Anyway, I haven't had much time to play much with this so
far.  My pulse experiences were inconsistent and poor enough for me to
pretty much abandon it on my desktop and while I'm on the road here, I am
using my laptop exclusively and have made no attempts to run pulse on this
machine.  I only have one sound card in this laptop and am quite afraid of
losing speech altogether if I dive too deeply into pulse.

Anyway, I could set up an AUR package for orca-3.0 if that would help some
folks out.  I myself would be interested in gnome3 developments but right
now, I don't know all the necessary steps to get this going.  I saw an arch
wiki reference for gnome3; if one goes that route, is it possible to drop
back to normal production gnome without having to pull many teeth?