Re: [orca-list] Orca and gnome 3: no speech; could Pulseaudio be the reason?

Hello,
Could be the issue, I had similar issues when first upgrading to gnome 3.0.

First of all I hadn't got speech-dispatcher configured to use pulseaudio, set that up. May be check speech-dispatcher's log file incase it has eerors.

Then I had a trouble where I had previously been adding users to the audio group but pulseaudio doesn't like this. Try removing users from the audio group, worked for me.

Also sorry if you got this more than once, I had a crash of thunderbird when sending previously and the message isn't in the sent folder so I guess it hasn't gone.

Michael Whapples