Re: [orca-list] Orca and gnome 3: no speech; could Pulseaudio be the reason?

I'm another arch user and I've been out of the loop for a few weeks
because I started up a new job and had to move to a new apartment to
commute from out of state.  Anyway, I haven't had much time to play
much with this so far.  My pulse experiences were inconsistent and
poor enough for me to pretty much abandon it on my desktop and while
I'm on the road here, I am using my laptop exclusively and have made
no attempts to run pulse on this machine.  I only have one sound card
in this laptop and am quite afraid of losing speech altogether if I
dive too deeply into pulse.

Anyway, I could set up an AUR package for orca-3.0 if that would help
some folks out.  I myself would be interested in gnome3 developments
but right now, I don't know all the necessary steps to get this
going.  I saw an arch wiki reference for gnome3; if one goes that
route, is it possible to drop back to normal production gnome without
having to pull many teeth?