Re: [orca-list] Orca and gnome 3: no speech; could Pulseaudio be the reason?

According to Michael Whapples:
# Then I had a trouble where I had previously been adding users to the
# audio group but pulseaudio doesn't like this. Try removing users from
# the audio group, worked for me.

Interesting. I am in the audio group on my Arch system and it's working fine. As a matter of fact, it didn't work properly until I added myself to audio. My speechd user is also in the audio group, although I'm not sure why, since I run speech-dispatcher in user mode. Perhaps the install script did that.
~Kyle