Re: [orca-list] Firefox caching

 Hi all,

Regarding Firefox specific accessibility performance, rest assured the Mozilla guys (myself included) are working on it from the FF side, and with even more attention soon I hope. Joanie I'm hopeful some of those work-arounds can be removed already.

Web pages can be extremely chatty these days. Our browser accessibility engine gets called for pretty much every node removal, insertion, hiding, showing. and we walk a fine line between filtering out what is important which itself takes cpu cycles, and spamming the client with events; on Linux all these events must cross process boundaries.

It is a hard problem. Deciding when and what to cache on the client side is also tricky.

Cheers,
David