Re: [orca-list] Draft Proposed Two-Year Roadmap

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 10:16:09PM +0200, Marcus Habermehl wrote:
In JAWS you select what you want with JAWS+F5 (form fields), JAWS+F6
(links) or JAWS+F7 (headings) and then you can select an entry. That is
easier and clearer than the version of NVDA.

I really don't know what's better to use. Three different lists, or a
single list with 'sections'.

I could split the current list into four. All item, links, form fields
and headings. But, is this really necessary?

I wouldn't think so.  If we begin using separate hot keys to pop up
different list types and this filtering was to be expanded, you can
see how quickly precious screen reader hot keys could be used up.  I
would think either the current proposed tree view approach would be
good or maybe a dialog with 3 or 4 buttons where they could be pushed
by typing the appropriate shortcut key.  Thus, you would have a
maximum of two keystrokes to press to invoke the desired list of
filtered links.  In fact as I think about this, I like this idea best.