Re: [orca-list] Firefox caching

Mallory van Achterberg <stommepoes stommepoes nl> wrote:

A warning about down-arrowing to see new content: some (many) developers
update some other part of the page instead.  They shouldn't, for
lots of people, but many developers don't seem to realise not
everyone sees all the screen all the time.  Especially "growls" and
that sort of thing, or error messages placed in front of forms
but without a refresh (or even after: Amazon's I miss easily).
Because of this, I would want (ideally) an announcement every time new
content is brought on the page.

Aria is designed to solve those problems, and the developer can specify
whether the message should interrupt the user or not by choosing a politeness
level.