Re: [orca-list] Firefox caching

Hi,
At least the being thrown back to the top thing isn't a problem
in JAWS new enough to deal with AJAX.  I don't know anything about
reformatting text... I have to match up what I hear with what I
see while testing every time anyway.  It's difficult if I'm not
the one who built the page, but that's due to CSS making stuff
look different than the source.  Though webvisum helps with
outlines.

A warning about down-arrowing to see new content: some (many) developers
update some other part of the page instead.  They shouldn't, for
lots of people, but many developers don't seem to realise not
everyone sees all the screen all the time.  Especially "growls" and
that sort of thing, or error messages placed in front of forms
but without a refresh (or even after: Amazon's I miss easily).
Because of this, I would want (ideally) an announcement every time new
content is brought on the page. It's only obvious if it's later
in source from the event.

Not an argument for virtual buffers, just some thoughts.

-Mallory