Re: [orca-list] Orca and underline in openoffice

Hey Paul, all.

Another idea might be a keystroke to move to next/prior change in style.
That could be useful for checking where your style changes are I think.

Agreed. And it's something I think I can pull off -- at least for
OpenOffice -- without too much effort via Orca's structural navigation
code. While I'm waiting for people to chime in on the proofreading mode,
I'll see what might be involved in implementing what you describe here.

Questions:

1. Bound or unbound?

2. What exactly should be spoken?

A. I'd think one would want both the text and the styles.

B. I also think that the styles should come first. Consider the case in
Writer where you went from a Heading 1 to a normal/default/text body
paragraph. A real long paragraph. Once you hear enough to know where you
are, you can always interrupt speech. If the styles don't come first,
that's not an option.

C. In the presentation of the styles, do you want to hear all the styles
or just the ones that changed? (I'd think just the ones that changed.)

Let me know. And feel free to tell me that what I think in the above is
flat-out wrong. <smile> It's merely a starting point so that y'all can
spec out exactly what it is you'd want out of such a feature.

Thanks!
--joanie