Re: [orca-list] What Orca will do was Re: What's standard? was: Re: date and time keybindings

I think I have said previously such a feature to me isn't of great value although many seem to want it. Then the question of how should it behave and what key bindings. Whether date and time should be combined I will leave to those who want the feature to decide. As for the keybindings here are some of my thoughts:

* Orca+t seems reasonable for time, very discoverable, etc.
* Orca+d for date may be discoverable but I am concerned its using up the keyboard. * Orca+t double tap has the advantage of not using another letter of the keyboard, but it may not be so discoverable (Although its related to time, would it be the first thing to try knowing orca's previous choices on when to use double tap, may be not but it could be on the list of worth trying).

I have a thought on how to improve the discoverability of double tap keys but I will discuss that in a separate thread.

Michael Whapples