Re: [orca-list] What's standard? was: Re: date and time keybindings

I say, we let logic decide this one. Like Jake has stated, just
copying keystrokes because they'll be compatible with most Windows
screenreaders won't solve much, especially if somebody spent several
years using the Mac/VoiceOver. That would be absolutely useless since
VO keystrokes resemble nothing or little in common to Win screenreader
keystrokes. If people don't like the default keybindings, they can
always hit Orca-space, and mod to their heart's content.
I do think however, that things such as flat review mode should be
kept somewhat loosely based on NVDA or speakup. They're logical in
their approach and not just mearly clones of other products.  They
actually make sense, instead of Wineyes for instance, which uses
ctrl-shift-letter that hampers almost all Windows functionality rather
than have a wineyes key. But that's design philosophy, and OT for this
list.
We should just let logic decide this one, and make sure Orca doesn't
get in the way of GNOME's keybindings,.

Alex