Re: [orca-list] GRML VS Ubuntu 10.04

Hi,

Update, GRML will run fine on my system, but the partitioning fails.
I'll next try out OpenSolaris, since I can download and burn the .iso.
I can then see if the partitioning problem that I've run into with GRML
is duplicated.

The problem is as follows:

start grml with software speech, goes fine
run parted with /dev/sda1, goes fine

do you mean /dev/sda ? /dev/sda is the first sata drive and /dev/sda1 is the first partition of the first
drive.  So you were possibly just repartioning the partition wich would have weird results.

unit switch from compact to GB, goes fine
mkpart, primary, jfs file system
0-160 gb, this is where it fails
When I go to print again, it says that there is already a 160 gb primary
partition, it is ntfs.

I do the following:

rm 1 to remove the ntfs partition
then run the steps above.

I would take a look at the partition table with print right after rm 1 to see what the partition table looks
like know.

My first gues as to what is happening is the following.  /dev/sda1 is a extended partition and that you will
have to either decrease the size of the logical partitions on it then decrease it's size or remove the
logical partitions then the extended partition they are on.

NP, and good luck.

Trev