Re: [orca-list] GRML VS Ubuntu 10.04

Hi everyone,

Update, GRML will run fine on my system, but the partitioning fails. I'll next try out OpenSolaris, since I can download and burn the .iso. I can then see if the partitioning problem that I've run into with GRML is duplicated.

The problem is as follows:

start grml with software speech, goes fine
run parted with /dev/sda1, goes fine
unit switch from compact to GB, goes fine
mkpart, primary, jfs file system
0-160 gb, this is where it fails
When I go to print again, it says that there is already a 160 gb primary partition, it is ntfs.

I do the following:

rm 1 to remove the ntfs partition
then run the steps above.
Same result, hopefully it is different with OpenSolaris. I tried with GRML, at least. Thanks for those who have given me suggestions and advice.