Re: [orca-list] Orca & GSettings

Hi,
Sorry mbut my concerns about adding a more gnome dependency has not gone
completely.

Which other desktop project currently uses gsettings?
lxde/xfce/kde?

Is there a good chance that kde can use the system in the future easiely?
Please don't misunderstand my concerns.
It's taken a long time to switch from gnomespeech to a generic speech
solution.
Many other gnome specific deps will go with gnome 3.0 with bonobo etc.

Currently I am really happy with the orca configs.
I can easy edit it, change anything or make backups quickly.
What are the advantages of the new way?

Please make the change only, if other desktops will migrate to it as
well!!!

Just my 2 cents.
Halim