Re: [orca-list] Orca & GSettings

El 07/06/2010, a las 11:08, trev saunders gmail com escribió:

HI,

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 09:02:04AM EST, trev saunders gmail com wrote:
well, I think this depends on the question I asked earlier about if we are a screen reader for gnome, or
a general x11 scre
en reader that uses at-spi, and currently happens to work best with gnome.  If we are a screen reader for
gnome then I gues w
e don't have much choice.  On the other hand if we aren't a gnome project then I believe we can handle our
settings however w
e want.  Although I don't actually know I imagine the only real reason we re so relted to gnomewas Sun, so
after Sun I wonder
if there is stil a reason to be so relate to gnome? What do poeple think?

Since QT/KDE are not even close to being ready, I don't think this is an issue. However, once KDE/QT are
hooked up to at-spi
and ready to go, you can be sure that I'll be one of the first to suggest that orca becomes a
freedesktop/desktop agnostic pr
oject, since it should then be able to work in KDE, and IMO, duplication is not a good idea, particularly
with the few resour
ces we currently have.

what about other gtk based desktops that aren't gnome? lxe and xfce are the ones that have been mentioned
here before.  fluxbox looks like it should too.  There are also the window managers that aren't really
desktops like awesome, ion3 and many other ones.  aren't these enough reason not to be gnome specific
project?

Trev

Hi Trevor,

        The solution we're designing is based in a façade+adapter that it'll make things easier for
integration in any desktop around. As I said previously this work is beneficial for any desktop around.

Cheers,
--
Alejandro Leiva
Área de Proyectos