Re: [orca-list] Orca & GSettings

One big thing I found rather disturbing about gconf in general is the
lack of documentation on how to use it.  At least I don't know where
to find it if it indeed exists.  I learned about the gconf variables
concerning a11y for the gdm login purely by word of mouth.  I
personally find plain old text files the best way to configure
things.  I don't know why all the rage for gconf, registries
(microsoft), gsettings, etc.  In fact, today is the first time I ever
heard of gsettings.  How easy is it to verify values in gsettings? I
think with gconf you can use some gconf2 commands or something.  I
feel like the user may lose much control of his/her environment with
these things.  But if that is the direction to go, I guess we haven't
much choice, do we.