Re: [orca-list] Orca & GSettings

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 09:02:04AM EST, trev saunders gmail com wrote:
well, I think this depends on the question I asked earlier about if we are a screen reader for gnome, or a
general x11 screen reader that uses at-spi, and currently happens to work best with gnome.  If we are a
screen reader for gnome then I gues we don't have much choice.  On the other hand if we aren't a gnome
project then I believe we can handle our settings however we want.  Although I don't actually know I
imagine the only real reason we re so relted to gnomewas Sun, so after Sun I wonder if there is stil a
reason to be so relate to gnome? What do poeple think?

Since QT/KDE are not even close to being ready, I don't think this is an issue. However, once KDE/QT are
hooked up to at-spi and ready to go, you can be sure that I'll be one of the first to suggest that orca
becomes a freedesktop/desktop agnostic project, since it should then be able to work in KDE, and IMO,
duplication is not a good idea, particularly with the few resources we currently have.

Luke