Re: [orca-list] Orca & GSettings

Hi,

no false.  While they aren't a "desktop" as a lot of people think of it awesome / ion / fluxbox are
configured through the same unix abstraction people have used for the past 30 years of text files.
 this would mean that a user would have to have gsettings installed to use / build orca right?  Unless you
somehow provide a --without-gsettings options to configure I am going to have a problem with this.
basically the problem is text files have worked for many programs for atleast 35 years, so we can have every
expectation that they will continue to work perfectly well on any unix system with no dependancies.  On the
other hand gnome itself has existed for less than 20 I don't know the exact number, and is already changing
the way it does things (gconf -> gsettings) so as I see it expecting it to change again is very reasonable.
Also we can put whatever we want into a file a api restricts what we can do.  Why do we want to use a api
that restricts us and will change when we can use something that will work fine and not change?

Trev