Re: [orca-list] woooooooorking!!!! was:Re: say-all (numpad+add stops at links and headers

Hi Steve
thanks for that hint.s
I did not know about.

Am 25.08.2010 00:57, schrieb Steve Holmes:
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:58:13PM +0200, lutz kaiser wrote:
And smile now i found out howto patch,<smile>

I don't know if anyone else told you but with git there's another way
patches can be applied which is really cool.  Based on your last
comments on applying the patch, it looked like you just applied to
your local master branch.  What I do in my local git tree, is after
having cloned originally and done recent pull, I create a branch
(something like bug-fixes) so enter
git branch bug-fixes
and then do a
git checkout bug-fixes
At this point, you're in the bug-fixes branch and it will have
inherited everything from current master.  Now I would do
git am<file-name>  where file-name is the name of your patch.
Assuming this patch was built with a 'git format-patch', this will
work fine.  Most patches To Orca are built this way.  That's the
beauty of git; I'm sure there's others.  I've only known about doing
more with git than clone and pull for the past 4 months or so.

orca-list mailing list
orca-list gnome org
Visit for more information on Orca.
The manual is at