Re: [orca-list] A Big Thanks and 2 Questions

Sebastian Humenda <shumenda gmx de> wrote:
I don't use the vim in the GNOME terminal very often. When I write something
bigger then 20 lines I switch to the real cli where I work with brltty and the
speech-dispatcher.

It would also be useful if either Emacs or Vim could be made to work reliably
with Orca under Gnome, and applications such as firefox could be configured to
invoke them at the user's request. In fact, there are Firefox extensions that
allow you to edit form text fields in your editor of choice, but the
accessibility issues would obviously need to be sorted out.

The problem is that X applications tend to implement their own (primitive and
limited) editors instead of following the Unix convention of letting you run
your preferred editor as specified by the $EDITOR environment variable.