[orca-list] A Big Thanks and 2 Questions

Hi,

Let me first start out with a big thank you to all the people who
continually improve orca and the thousands of accessible applications
out there that play nicely with orca. Well done, and well done! I must
say, when I dropped into the open source world a few months ago I was
just totally amazed at the level of accessibility that can be reached
under linux these days.

Now, first question is how is orca and compiz related? For speech I use
orca + speech-dispatcher + espeak, and for magnification I *think* I'm
using compiz with the Enhanced Desktop Magnifier plugin, all running on
Ubuntu Intrepid.

I'm trying to achieve magnification in such a way that the full screen
magnified area stays as stable as possible, only moving when the mouse
leaves, or tries to leave the visible area. I've tried all of the compiz
config options for the above mentioned plugin, but I wasn't able to
create the desired behaviour. Any ideas / suggestions? Currently the
magnified window keeps on moving while the mouse moves. It is tracked in
a kind of dynamic way, but it makes seeing things near the border of the
magnified area really tricky.

My second question is simply if anyone knows of a way to improve
accessibility via orca while using the vim text editor in gnome term? If
there isn't a way to have vim work better with orca, can anyone suggest
a similarly powerful programmers text editor to use instead?

Keep well,
Kerneels