Re: [orca-list] grade 2 braille again

Daniel Dalton <d dalton iinet net au> wrote:

Ah, right, thought it did... :)
Makes sense then.

The way it works is that Orca uses the Louis library to convert the text to
the appropriate braille code, then sends the resulting braille to BRLTTY.
Hence the contractions are handled entirely within Orca, and I recall its
having been argued by several of the BRLTTY developers that for complex
content, this is the right way to do it.

I would suggest taking further discussion to the BRLTTY list.