Re: [orca-list] Braille and Orca Again

Teresa Cochran <pipistrelle cox net> wrote:
I don't know how it is that flat review
has become the default with braille. Is there a way to force focus
tracking mode?

Improved braille support is firmly on the development agenda, but I don't know
what the plans are.

The option of moving focus by issuing commands on the braille display would be
an important feature, which as far as I know isn't supported at the moment.

Recent versions of BRLTTY have improved the Brlapi interfaces relied upon by
Orca, opening the way to much better braille display support.

At the moment, however, Orca's braille support has a significant margin for
improvement (and please don't treat this as a criticism).

BRLTTY from the console is a lot better in that regard.