Re: [orca-list] 2 Orca issues

Hi Nolan, all.

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 06:28 +0000, Nolan Darilek wrote:
That's what I thought, too. But reading this thread gives me the
opposite impression, hence the whole bit about not knowing what's an FF
issue and what's due to Orca. We do have Orca caret control, after all,
which suggests to me that Orca isn't just presenting the UI but is also
influencing it to some extent. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Granted, we do move the caret, but with respect to links and other
focusable object what we rely upon is Firefox emitting a focus: event
for that link (or that other focusable object) after you press the back
button and the page finishes loading.

When I try that Using Orca from git master, Firefox 3.5, in the latest
dev build of OpenSolaris, it works as expected on the wiki, in Google,
in bugzilla, and in any other site I tried where the site itself isn't
influencing things. Based on what y'all are saying, I am apparently very
special. <smile> Therefore, we need to figure out where the differences
are:

* Particular sites
* Versions of Firefox
* Versions of Orca
* Settings in Firefox and/or Orca
* Different key presses

The more systematic and precise the better.

Thanks! Take care.
--joanie