Re: [orca-list] ssh (x11)

Michael Whapples napsal(a):
While it is possible, I think that speech-dispatcher solution for this
is not ideal. Ideally we could do with something which allows use of
gnome through SSH with no extra limitations (IE. not needing the SSH
server to be able to connect to the local machine, the standard SSH
connection from the local machine to the server is what we need).

I am not sure if Orca can be run within an ssh session, since you will
also need to start the whole accessibility infrastructure within this
session.  But if Orca can, the problem with speech is simple to solve
through ssh port forwarding.

If Speech Dispatcher runs on port 6560 on your desktop, try using:

ssh -R 6560:localhost:6560 ...

to connect to the server.  When you run Orca within this ssh session it
will talk to your local SD.  The connections are tunneled, by they seem
as local from both sides.

If SD already runs on the server, port 6560 may be already blocked and
you would need to use a different port number, but that's another story...

Hope this helps, Tomas