Re: [orca-list] ssh (x11)

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:53:21AM +0000, Michael Whapples wrote:

Here is a sort of fix for speech:

It is possible to get python speech-dispatcher bindings to contact a
remote speech-dispatcher server. You do it by setting some environment
variables (sorry can't remember what they are off hand). So if the ssh

Ah right, yes. I'll probably not do this as I don't think I have a good
reason for x11... Curious more than anything, but that is good to
know. In the future, a way  to just run orca on client and access host
would be cool, but as I said, I'm in no hurry for this.

Personally I use ssh from the command line with speakup and brltty.

I do the same, just with brltty, accessing a bash shell sometimes using
screen as well, works really good, so I don't think I'll worry about the
x11 stuff for now.

Thanks for your reply though, it's useful to know encase I need someone
to connect to my x11 session...

Cheers,
Daniel.