[orca-list] I Am having troubles to use Speechdispatcher with Orca, and I AM very sad because of it

Dear developers of speech dispatcher,

I Am very unhappy because of difficult to solve problems with Speech dispatcher with Orca. Speechdispatcher is not working correctly, The say command is causing error, that can not connect to The server. The first problem is, that Speech dispatcher can not work on it's default port 6560, when I used spd-conf and it's additional tests, The algorithms detected that Speech dispatcher is running on The port 6561. So I tried to use spd-conf to change The port to this value. I used spd-conf for creating user configuration first with value 6561 of The port. I created system configuration for root account and also for non root account with this value.

Tests of speech-dispatcher are not able to use other method than direct access to Espeak module, The message speech dispatcher is working message can be only listened when test is using espeak module. But while test are triing to use alsa sink, oss sink, or pulse audio sink, The .wav file can not be played. The error message that The .wav file can not be played.

I Am very sad, because I do not know, what is incorrect. I installed speechdispatcher from Ubuntu repository by using apt-get install speech-dispatcher

Do You think, that I have done some error? Orca can not access speechdispatcher too, eventhough I installed python-speechd correctly no error message has been displayed. Speech dispatcher can not communicate with audiosubsystems. I AM using Latest official version of Ubuntu intrepid, I downloaded latest updates for this operating system.

Please, how I could use speechdispatcher and how I could solve this complex problem?

I even used session manager for starting speechdispatcher after login, I used sound applet to set The pulse audio like audiosubsystem for all play related functions, I also used sound mixer pulse audio.

Thank You very much for Your answer, I Am really not able to solve it myself. May be, that this error is caused by The fact, that I used wubi.exe for installing Ubuntu, but it should not be The cause.

The kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel