Re: [orca-list] NOTICE: update to speech output for navigation by character

Willie Walker wrote:
Hi Garrett:

I'm getting "symbol 0" when cursoring over various punctuation marks
such as quotes while using speech-dispatcher. This is in both flat
review and focus tracking mode.

Got me.  I'm not seeing anything in the Orca code that outputs the word
'symbol'.  Something might need fixing in
speechdispatcherfactory.py:speakCharacter.  It might need a call to
chnames.getCharacterName(character), but I'm really afraid to touch
anything in that module.

I'm seeing this one too. My system is Ubuntu 8.04 with all latest updates applied, plus ATK/at-spi/gail/Orca from subversion. Thought about filing a bug, but thought I'd check the list first to see if anyone else was experiencing this.