Re: [orca-list] Pull BrlTTY 3.7.2 support from Orca?

Hi

ok fine. I'll give it a try tommorow... And will let you know about the result.

regards Jann

Mike Pedersen wrote:
Hi Jann,
But I thought about updating to 3.8 or better. So if 3.7.2 is no longer
supported I'll simply update.

Are there known problems about updating to brltty 3.8 or better with
orca 2.20.x and Ubuntu 7.10? Because I wasn't to sure about that I
haven't tried it untill now...
You should have no trouble with this.  I did it several times when I was
running 7.10.  The only thing you'll have to do if you make and install
from source is the following:
1.  configure, make and install.
2.  delete the brltty reference from /sbin
3.  Create a simlink  to the brltty that got installed in bin from
sbin.
At this point you should be in good shape.  There also might be a
pre-build 3.8 package in 7.10 backports I can't remember.
hope this helps
Mike

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de