To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] orca and Hardy - no speech - ibmTTS dependancy

Hi,

In Rich's case though Orca is not even saying the welcome message (as I
understand it) so I question whether it's an AT-SPI problem. It's odd that
in his case Orca is neither speaking or producing any error messages (it
would produce error messages if it was an AT-SPI problem wouldn't it?).
Since all it's doing is sitting there until a control + C to kill it makes
me assume it's just crashing straight away.  That's why I suggested a
reinstall - of a stable version e.g. 2.22.0

I do think that any mechanism whereby Orca could inform the user about
missing essential processes for accessibility that are not working would be
a good thing though.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Willie Walker" <William Walker Sun COM>