Re: [orca-list] Problems with Orca text setup (was Re: gnome-orca .2.22 about to enter unstable)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Jason White wrote:

We need to narrow down exactly what works and what doesn't. I'm running Orca
2.22 from the Debian package.

Please try the latest orca from svn.
And see if the bug exists there.
If it does then file a bug report otherwise if it works for you then contact Mario about the package.

I noticed the same problems with Orca 2.21.91 (also obtained via the Debian
package).

See if it works in svn.

I've just tried a few more combinations. If DISPLAY isn't set, orca -t
complains. If it is set and X is running we get a backtrace.

Orca -t is for a text-console.
It shouldn't have anything to do with the display variable.
I think something is broken here...

Can you run orca -t and get the setup or orca --setup in gnome-terminal?
Even though that doesn't solve this problem?

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
d dalton iinet net au