Re: [orca-list] Problems with Orca text setup (was Re: gnome-orca .2.22 about to enter unstable)

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 04:38:49PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:

Starting X, then in another vc running orca -t actually works.
If your working from svn there seems to be a bug with -t...
Or if that fails just run orca --setup (I believe.) from a gnome
terminal...

Running orca -t from a separate console, interestingly, is what generated the
backgraces that I reported earlier.

We need to narrow down exactly what works and what doesn't. I'm running Orca
2.22 from the Debian package.
I noticed the same problems with Orca 2.21.91 (also obtained via the Debian
package).

I've just tried a few more combinations. If DISPLAY isn't set, orca -t
complains. If it is set and X is running we get a backtrace.