Re: [orca-list] speech dispatcher problem

Hi Michael,

thank you for sending the log files.  Your problem is that no output
modules can be loaded.  More exactly the problem is:

Fri Jan 11 13:29:31 2008 : 552031] speechd: ERROR: Module espeak failed
to initialize. Reason:
---------------
Opening sound device failed. Reason: Couldn't open ALSA device.. Can't
open sound device.
[Fri Jan 11 13:29:31 2008 : 552050] speechd:   Couldn't load specified
output module

So I believe you have a problem with ALSA on that computer.  You can
either try to fix that or switch to OSS in Speech Dispatcher modules
configuration (See /etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/*).  If you have a
single channel sound card, I'd recommend fixing ALSA.  If your card can
play multiple channels in hardware, you should be fine switching to OSS.

Best regards, Tomas