[orca-list] not able to enter admin tools

Hello,

I have problem with orca. As the subject says, when I try to enter most of the admin tools in ubuntu and enter my password, orca just stops speaking. I tried also to add repositories to sources.list file, but when I try to open it from the terminal, orca again stops speaking after I enter my password. It seems that wherever I use my password, orca just denies access. What can I do? I use orca that came with ubuntu 7.10. I was not able to update it. I'm very new to Linux, so please help and please keep it simple.
Thanks in advance,
Negoslav