From a guy who wants to know!
Bob, tinneyb charter net, K8LR
Skype name:  bobtinn
One of the best days of my life is today!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Willie Walker" <William Walker Sun COM>
To: "Bob Tinney" <tinneyb charter net>
Cc: "orca-list" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: TTSynth voice question

D'Oh!  Someone reminded me you're trying to get the ViaVoice stuff
working.  Sorry about that.  So...what you wrote is bad news.  It looks
like the ViaVoice driver either didn't get built or was installed in a
different location.

Did you specify --prefix=/usr when you ran autogen.sh (or configure)?

Will

Willie Walker wrote:
Hi Bob:

OK -- this is good (I think). Try running 'espeak-synthesis-driver' in
one terminal window and 'test-speech' in another. See if eSpeak appears
in the list of synthesizers in the 'test-speech' terminal window and/or
if any errors appear in the 'espeak-synthesis-driver' terminal window.
Something bad might be happening, such as maybe a shared library isn't
being found by 'espeak-synthesis-driver'.

Will

Bob Tinney wrote:
Hi Will,

The command line that you gave me gave two results. Espeak.server and
Festaval.server.
Do I need to update Orca as I'm running the one that came with the Ubuntu
desktop live 7.10 cd? Do I need to install the speech dispatcher driver?
One more thing, where do I find these driver update packages or do I
need to
compile them first?
I am very familiar with the inner workings of windows, but I'm new to
Linux
and Ubuntu!