Re: [orca-list] TTSynth voice question

Hi Bob:

I think you may also need to build/install the gnome-speech driver for TTSynth. If I remember correctly, TTSynth is the same thing as ViaVoice, and the build of gnome-speech should hopefully just find it. You can find more about gnome-speech here:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/GnomeSpeech

Hope this helps,

Will

Bob Tinney wrote:

Hi,
I've installed the deb package of TTSynth on my Ubuntu 7.10 system. I do not see this speech engine listed on the speech page of the orca preferences. What do I need to do?
Bob, tinneyb charter net <mailto:tinneyb charter net>, K8LR
Skype name:  BobTinn
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message,
but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.