Re: [orca-list] TTSynth voice question

Hi Bob:

OK -- this is good (I think). Try running 'espeak-synthesis-driver' in one terminal window and 'test-speech' in another. See if eSpeak appears in the list of synthesizers in the 'test-speech' terminal window and/or if any errors appear in the 'espeak-synthesis-driver' terminal window. Something bad might be happening, such as maybe a shared library isn't being found by 'espeak-synthesis-driver'.

Will

Bob Tinney wrote:
Hi Will,

The command line that you gave me gave two results. Espeak.server and
Festaval.server.
Do I need to update Orca as I'm running the one that came with the Ubuntu
desktop live 7.10 cd?  Do I need to install the speech dispatcher driver?
One more thing, where do I find these driver update packages or do I need to
compile them first?
I am very familiar with the inner workings of windows, but I'm new to Linux
and Ubuntu!
Bob, tinneyb charter net, K8LR
Skype name:  bobtinn
One of the best days of my life is today!