Re: [orca-list] orca & pulse audio

Guy Schlosser napsal(a):
I did this, and on reboot, speech-dispatcher does show up
in preferences, and I am, of course with sighted assistance, able to
select my synthesizer as normal.  I still however have no speech.  Is
Pulseaudio not what it's cracked up to be?  Should I just uninstall it?

Hello Guy, I'm not using Pulse audio myself, so can't help much, but as
far as I know you need quite a different setup.  I believe you have to
run Speech Dispatcher as an ordinary user on your session startup after
starting up pulse audio to get access to it.

It wouuld be great if people could share their experience wit this on
Orca wiki.  Anyone willing to help?

Best regards, Tomas