Re: [orca-list] audio and pulseaudio: was: Re: Punctuation, capital letters, exchange of characters and strings, generally error in the design of Orca

I tried the "default setup" described here:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=12497

With pulseaudio running, I can play multiple audio files simultaneously with
Alsa and they are mixed by the server. eSpeak also works and remains highly
responsive under Orca.

However, if I try to run eSpeak while other audio is playing I get various
error messages (failures on certain lines of code, etc., as specified in the
debug messages). I'm using portaudio 19 from the Debian package, which I
expect is responsible for the trouble.

I've added myself to the realtime group, so that pulseaudio gets realtime
priorities. I haven't noticed any delays or other difficulties.

Note that the version of libportaudio19 in Debian is from the repository, thus
probably very much under development at the moment. It is therefore
unsurprising that it doesn't work as advertised when other streams are being
played.