Re: [orca-list] Punctuation, capital letters, exchange of characters and strings, generally error in the design of Orca

Hi,
On Do, Apr 10, 2008 at 04:18:41 -0400, Willie Walker wrote:
PulseAudio is effectively a sound server which sits between the application
and the audio support in the kernel (ALSA/OSS):

Yes, like jack, esd, arts ....

http://pulseaudio.org/

So, if you're using it with speech-dispatcher, then you're using it with
gnome-speech.  As Hermann writes, the Ubuntu folks seem to have integrated
it into Hardy.  If that's the case (it seems to be), you should be getting
PulseAudio support for everything.  As a result, the issues with
gnome-speech talking to speech engines that use OSS or ALSA should be
handled by PulseAudio.

Have you tried this with gnome-speech???????
I am not using hardy but I installed and configured pulseaudio for
gnome-speech with padsp.
It is not usable because it is (((slow))).
It takes some time to stop speech-synthesis.
I have changed some nice level realtime scheduling etc it didn't help
me.
It can't be an alternative for speechd with direct alsa support.

Have a nice Day.
Halim