Re: [orca-list] noticed glitches in sound with orca on gutsy.

krishnakant Mane wrote:
by the way sudo apt-get install speech-dispatcher does not give the
latest version.

Hi Krishnakant, I'm not a ubuntu user, but I'd try asking at Ubuntu list
(or maybe someone will suggest here), since I believe there should be SD
0.6.4 for gutsy.  You may just need to use another repository...

plese tell me what parameters should I pass to ./configure for getting
orca espeak and sd to work together?

No special arguments are needed for Orca, you just need to get the
things installed to correct directories.  See the INSTALL file in the
source package for more information.  But for now, I'd first try to find
out why it doesn't work the way you installed it.

secondly, I did not re build and install orca after speech dispatcher was built.
should I do it before any thing else?

No, this is definitely not necessary.  We just need to get spd-say work
and we should be ready for Orca as-well.

and what things I must do right to get my speech working on spd-say?

First see your speechd logs as I suggested in the previous post and we
will know more.  You should see which output modules are loaded.

BTW, how did you start Speech Dispatcher?  Since you didn't install from
a package, you need to run it manually.  Once I modified the Ubuntu
startup script for running the compiled version of Speech Dispatcher, so
I may send that to the list if you (or someone else) are interested.

Best regards

Tomas