Re: [orca-list] noticed glitches in sound with orca on gutsy.

hello,
I have tried installing speech-dispatcher and now orca does not speek.
sd got installed and now the problem is that firstly spd-say does not
give me any output.
there is an error fore sure but I had orca mute so I don't know.  but
I remember it was some thing to do with not getting the client or some
thing.
any ways the point here is that I got the speech-dispatcher and
compiled it from the stable source.
then I did sudo apt-get install python-speechd and after that tried to run orca.
now orca does not talk at all.
am I doing some thing wrong?
I am using ubuntu gutsy on my IBM r 60 think pad lenovo.
I am sure that portaudio 19 is installed because I did it myself from source.
Please some one guide me as to what could be the exact problem.
for one thing I have to get the sd working because that is the only
way I see speech coming out smoothly.
regards,
Krishnakant.