[orca-list] noticed glitches in sound with orca on gutsy.

hello every one.
I am so far very happy with the performance of gutsy with orca (or
orca with gutsy ).
however I have noticed one strange problem with sound when it comes to
espeak being used with orca.
I have an IBM Lenovo r 60 think pad on which I installed gutsy.  but I
am getting glitchy speak speech with orca and espeak.
like if I am working a bit fast, then terminal is read as erminal or
openoffice is called pen office.
some words get broken.
I tried even after compiling portaudio 19, espeak and gnome speach.
but the glitch is still existing although it has come down significantly.
can any one tell me what could be the reason?
should I try going back to gutsy?
regards,
Krishnakant.